Northwest ADHD Treatment Center is seeking a full or part-time, temporary licensed professional counseling intern to work at our SE Portland location. We are a warm, collaborative team consisting of clinical psychologists, LPCs, LCSWs, and psychiatric nurse practitioners. Northwest ADHD Treatment Center offers unique and fulfilling opportunities to our clinicians by facilitating a group private practice model that allows for professional autonomy with an emphasis on work-life balance. The balance is achieved by leaving many of the non-clinical tasks in the hands of our administrative team which coordinates all scheduling, billing, credentialing, technological support and facilities maintenance.
Our ideal candidates are able to see adults ages 18 – 64. Willingness to learn to assess and treat ADHD is essential. The ideal candidate would have developing skills in differential diagnosis to rule in ADHD and rule out other mood, anxiety, developmental, or cognitive disorders. Strong candidates excel in time management, including accurate and concise documentation practices. This is a 6-month position with the potential for the contract to be extended.
Our counseling intern will spend a significant amount of time assessing patients for ADHD and other mental health disorders. Interns should expect to see an average of 15-20 patients per week in our outpatient setting. This position includes weekly interdisciplinary group consultation time and direct supervision.
M-F, flexible hours to be determined by intern’s availability.
Master’s degree in Counseling
Experience providing therapy in an outpatient setting
Preference for those who have passed the NCE
Ability to work as an effective interdisciplinary team member
Ability to maintain confidentiality in regard to patient care information
Ability to maintain documentation in compliance with state, federal, professional and ethical guidelines
Ability to consistently utilize professional communication and conflict resolution skills with patients and staff
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, or apply on Indeed.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $20.00 /hour
- Master’s (Required)
Northwest ADHD Treatment Center is seeking a full time clinical psychologist who is able to see adolescent and adult clients at our Portland location. We are searching for a hard working, positive, team-focused individual who values collaboration, teaching, and supervision. We are an interdisciplinary team comprised of psychologists, social workers, marriage and family therapists, counselors, skills trainers, and psychiatric nurse practitioners.
While many of our patients will have ADHD, a substantial portion will have anxiety, adjustment, or mood disorders. This position requires strong differential diagnosis skills.
Salary is variable based on productivity, but our providers typically earn over $80,000 annually for full time work (26 average patient contact hours per week). We offer competitive benefits, a flexible schedule, and all the benefits of a private practice without the overhead cost which allows for a better work-life balance.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Offer direct psychotherapy services to a minimum of 26 clients per week aged 18-64 including intake, assessment, psychological testing, individual, group, family and couples counseling depending on your area of expertise
- Maintenance of appropriate clinical documentation and scheduling within our Electronic Health Record software
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and clinical consultation meetings
- Offer consultation to other therapists on staff and family members regarding patients in emotional distress
- Prepare and lead once-monthly therapy groups on various topics
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Licensed as a Psychologist in the State of Oregon (if licensed in state other than Oregon, must transfer/establish license in Oregon before employment begins)
- Doctorate in Counseling or Clinical Psychology
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & BEHAVIORS:
- Experience in a multidisciplinary group mental health practice
- Demonstrable experience in and commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity, and commitment to ongoing development of multicultural competence
- Expertise in assessing the following: ADHD, anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, substance use disorders, and adjustment disorders
- Evidence of skill in offering consultation to clinicians
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills in problem solving and decision-making
- Demonstrates confidentiality regarding information pertaining to all patients and staff
- Maintains proper appearance and personal conduct for the employee’s particular job
- Capable of completing clinical documentation within 72 hours after service delivery
- Demonstrates ability to work in a team environment
- Certification as a PsyD or Ph.D
NW ADHD holds weekly team consultation meetings and monthly CE training. We also offer medical, dental, and vision insurance. We offer 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) during the employee’s first year with an increase of 1 week each subsequent year until reaching 5 weeks of PTO in the 4th year of employment. Employees are eligible to contribute toward their retirement with a 3% company match.
This position is hiring immediately. Start date is dependent upon insurance credentialing process. Bring your energy and positive outlook to build your dream private practice in a supportive and fun environment!
Please email a cover letter with your resume describing your previous experience treating ADHD to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply on Indeed.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- Doctorate (Required)
- Licensed Psychologist Credentials (Required)
Northwest ADHD Treatment Center is expanding next year and is seeking an experienced Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to join our team! Candidates preferably have 2+ years experience assessing and providing medication management services to both children and adults with a range of mental health concerns including ADHD, mood, and anxiety disorders.
Our clinic was founded in 2014 and is strongly-focused on differential diagnosis and behavioral interventions. Our assessment process is extensive, including a series of 4 visits by behavioral health staff before referral to the PMHNP. The PMHNP then conducts a psychiatric assessment before making medication recommendations and providing ongoing medication management. Expected case load is 8-14 patients per day with 90 minute intakes and 30 minute follow up appointments. Providers design their ideal work schedule.
Our approach is team-driven. The PMHNP will be trained to provide CBT interventions for ADHD and is encouraged to grow as a therapist with regular consultation with experienced psychologists.
Please note that this position is physically-based in the Portland, OR metro region. Providers may be able to provide telepsychiatry services to clients in rural areas in Oregon.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has a congenial personality and enjoys working as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Seeks out opportunities for professional growth
- Is knowledgeable and has excellent clinical decision-making skills
- Is a good communicator who can document notes thoroughly, but concisely
- Is highly organized
- Values work-life balance
- Highly competitive salary
- Vacation up to 5 weeks per year
- 6 paid holidays
- Retirement plan with company match
- Paid medical, dental, and vision coverage
- CE allowance and additional educational opportunities throughout the year
- Paid administrative time
- Group and individual consultation
- Flexible scheduling and telepsychiatry opportunities
- Fun company-sponsored events monthly
- Performance award program
- Supportive management/ownership and the friendliest, most-helpful administrative staff around!
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume, a cover letter describing your past experiences and interest in the position, and a letter of recommendation to email@example.com, or apply on Indeed.
Due to the nature of insurance credentialing, we are starting the interviewing process now as it may take between 90-120 days to become paneled. Position will start in February/March 2019.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $124,800.00 to $166,400.00 /year
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse (Required)